Sonic Society generally does not accept fan characters/original characters. We will make exceptions for relevent or well-crafted characters, provided that the characters have a reason and a venue for their inclusion.
- Talk to the Admin about the inclusion of the FC/OC and only after the affirmative is given, sign the character up.
- Take the Mary-Sue Litmus Test to make sure the character is not a Mary-Sue.
- Prepare to change character past, particularly if the character formerly had any attachments to other characters, if the character is to be included.
- Try to keep the proposed character within the continuity intended. This includes relative 'darkness' and 'innocence' of the character, as well as attire. For example, Mobians in the SEGA continuity wear very little, while those in the Sonic Underground tend to cover up.
- Ask for a FC/OC as your first character on SS.
- Sign up on SS with your FC/OC as the screen name.
- Sign up on SS with your FC/OC without talking with the Admin.
- Waste our time with a foolish Mary Sue, or an Anti-Sue.
- Connect your character with other characters, particularly prominent ones or ones on the forum, especially if they have certainly not met, or do not have the express permission of the other character's player.
- Complain if the character is not accepted.
- Put the character ridiculously out of continuity. Examples would include an over-dressed, profanity-spewing prostitute barracuda in the SEGA continuity.
- Actually... don't try that in any of the worlds. Just... Don't.
- Red Pandas
- Guinea Pigs
- Dragons, Supernatural Creatures
- Cyborgs, particularly those of Technomage stock
- Demo/Angels, Fallen Angels
A list of allowed fan characters. They have been approved by the Admin alone, and can be pulled at any time, for any reason whatsoever.
Note: An interpretation of a character or restructuring of backstory or events does not make a canon-character into a fan-character, but please inform the admin so that they can add it to the continuity or inform others.